Use the guides above to browse photos of animal tracks, scats, and other signs.
Animal tracks are a window into an otherwise be a hidden world of wild animals. Animals are all around us, but many are stealthy, shy, and seldom seen. To a trained tracker however, there are signs of life everywhere. Animal tracks (also called animal footprints, pugmarks, traces, spoor, impressions, etc) are a powerful tool for learning about the wildlife around you. Becoming an animal tracker will completely change the way you see the world. With a little effort and guidance, anyone can identify many clear animal tracks and signs with ease.
My goal is to compile the best animal tracking resources possible into a single website in order to make learning to identify animal tracks as easy and fun as possible.
- Identify animal tracks with guides to Mammal Tracks, Bird Tracks, Herp Tracks, and Invertebrate Tracks.
- Find Field Guides to Animal Tracks and other tracking supplies here.
- Find tracking schools and classes with an interactive map.
- Learn about Tracker Certifications and get prepared with hundreds of actual certification track photos.
- Check out my iTrack Wildlife App and put a guide to animal tracks in your pocket.
I hope this website makes learning how to identify animal tracks easier than every before and leads you on some great tracking adventures. Remember, technology is just a tool. Go tracking.
Looking for More?
Sign Up to Get News, Updates, and Tracking Tips by Email.